As of July 2015
- Lessons will be held throughout the school year, in the form of two 16-week semesters:
Fall (September – January) and Spring (February – June)
- Students must consider that their private lessons commitment is for the entire academic year, September to June.
- Once a lesson time has been decided upon, students and families are required to commit to that time-slot for the duration of the semester. Different time-slots may be requested for the following semester.
- Students are allowed two (2) make-up lessons per school year with 24hr notice.
- 24hr advance notification is required in order to be excused.
- If less than 24hrs (e.g. calling on the day of) notice is given for a student absence, the lesson will be marked as an unexcused absence, and no credit will be issued for that lesson.
- If a student misses a make-up lesson, there will be no credit/refund, and no additional make-up.
- If the teacher is absent, the lesson will be made up, or the student will receive a credit on their next invoice.
- Tardiness: Students who are late for a lesson cannot be guaranteed their full lesson time. The teacher will wait for a student for one-third of the lesson time before starting another lesson or leaving.
- Bad Weather or other Rare Circumstance: Lessons may be canceled or rescheduled in the event of severe weather or unforeseen circumstances outside of both teacher’s and students’ control.
- Important: The teacher reserves the right to suspend lessons for reasons of poor attendance at lessons and/or insufficient commitment and practice.
Summer Session (July-August)
Many students experience startling musical growth during the summer when school and other activities have finished. Students who are away for more than one month are often frustrated by loss of technical facility, practice discipline, and theory skills.
- A minimum of 3 summer lessons are expected of all current/returning students.
All tuition, fees and schedules are subject to change at any time.
Please understand that the teacher reserves the right to cancel or dismiss any student who does not follow the recommended guidelines, or whose parent does not prescribe to the studio policies and fees.